Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A New Top For Hotchner

Written by: D’be-D’be


Aaron Hotchner was at his desk. Due to the recent injury he’d suffered when the SUV blew up, his ears were giving him great discomfort. He looked over at the bottle of pain medication the doctor described but fought the urge to take a couple. He couldn’t afford to be less than sharp in front of his team. That’s not the way he was built. He never wanted to show any signs of weakness or loss of control because in his mind it made him a weak leader and that’s the last thing he wanted to be envisaged as.

When Jason Gideon was part of the team, he had on occasion taken Hotch in hand and allowed him to break down the walls and let the emotions flow. But Gideon was gone and Hotch had no one. Just the thought of how Gideon gave him release made Hotch’s backside ache with the memories of wood slapping bare skin.

He started to lay his head down on his desk when he heard a soft knock, followed by a ‘can I come in’, from behind his door. The question came from Gideon’s replacement, David Rossi. Rossi was the man who started the BAU and after retirement became a very famous writer and lecturer. He came out of his retirement for a couple of reasons; one being that he wanted to help the team, while the other he kept to himself.

“Hey Dave, come on in.” Hotch was very comfortable around this man. He had met Rossi when he came to the Seattle office where Hotchner was stationed for his first assignment after graduating from the FBI Academy in Quantico Virginia. As they worked a case together, they became close friends and kept in touch over the years.

“Hey Aaron, what did the doctor say about your ears?”

“She told me I had Hyperacusis which is the reason for my temporary hearing loss. She also told me I shouldn’t be around loud noises for awhile and gave me medication for the pain.”

“It really hurts, eh?”

“Yes, the pain is quite uncomfortable but bearable. It won’t affect my work.”

“What about flying? Can you fly?”

The doctor had told Hotchner he shouldn’t fly until the condition was cleared up. As a matter of fact, he had promised he wouldn’t fly if she cleared him to go back to work; but he had lied to the doctor and he was about to lie to his second in command.

“Yes I’m cleared to fly, so let’s get to our next assignment.”

The next assignment was in Lower Cannon, Ohio where murders were being committed with the same M.O. as a serial killer who had been executed a year ago. The team had to help the local authorities determine who the copy-cat killer was.

As the plane increased altitude, Rossi and Morgan both took notice of how Hotchner cringed in pain.

“Hey man, are you alright?” Morgan asked his boss.

“Yes, I’m fine.”

“Are you sure you are cleared to fly?” Rossi asked.

With sharpness in his tone, Hotch snapped back. “Why would I say I was if I wasn’t? Now let’s just drop it and concentrate on the profile.”

He closed his eyes and gritted his teeth against the pounding in his ears as the plane climbed higher and higher. His discomfort did not go unnoticed by the team and they all looked at each other with concern. Rossi shrugged his shoulders and began going over the files that lay before them.

When they landed at the local airport and began disembarking, Rossi’s cell phone began to vibrate. He took it out of his coat pocket and flipped it open. He had to read the text message twice to realize who it was from. It simply stated, ‘Gideon here. Will call you in five minutes. Make sure you are alone.”

Rossi told the rest of the team he forgot something on the plane and that he would catch up to them in a bit. He then re-entered the jet and sat to wait for his phone to ring. Exactly five minutes from when the text came in, his phone rang.

“Hello David. How are things?”

“My God Jason, where are you?”

“It doesn’t matter where I am. What matters now is Aaron’s state of mind.”

“How do you know about Aaron’s state of mind?”

“I’ve been keeping tabs on my…uh, what should I call him….my brat.”

“Your what? Your Brat? I don’t understand.”

“Don’t play coy with me, Rossi. You know exactly what I’m talking about. From time to time, I had to take Hotchner in hand and give him a sound spanking in order to give him release from his pent up emotions. You know how tightly wound up he can be in the best of times and now with everything going on around him; his wife filing for divorce and his colleague killed in that SUV bombing, he needs to let go and cry it out. But he won’t. What he needs is a good solid spanking with a paddle until he breaks. There’s no one else I trust to carry out that task other than you.”

“How do you know that?”

“I’ve investigated you, Rossi. I know at one time you had a young man you ‘took care of” in times of stress, so I know you will be perfect to take over my duties with Hotch.”

“Okay, Jason, you’re on to me. Can I ask you a personal question?”

“Are you going to ask if we were lovers?”

“Yes.”

“I think Aaron wanted to be. I know I wanted it. But he was married at the time and the thought of cheating on Haley was against his moral standards. Now that they are no longer together, and if you both are so inclined, I think he would enjoy being made love to. Are you so inclined, David?

“Yes. As a matter of fact I’ve fantasized now and then of having Hotch as my lover.”

“Fine! Also about the discipline, you have to take control. Be a strong Top, he needs it. Take total control of him, David. The rules I laid down were no lying or stressing out, no blaming himself for something that he had no control over, and finally, don’t be too snappy or bossy to the crew. And oh yes, he has to let you know if Erin Straus gives him a hard time. He had no say in these rules and don’t you give him any say in them either. That is what Hotch needs. Do you understand?”

“Yes, but where do I start?”

“Well, how about being lied to?”

“Hotch hasn’t lied to me….or has he? Jason, he isn’t cleared to fly, is he?”

“No he is not. As a matter of fact, he lied to the doctor. He promised her he wouldn’t fly either.”

“How do you know this?”

“Never mind. Let’s just say I have my sources.”

“When you get back to Washington, I suggest you take him home and show him the consequences of lying to you.”

“Oh I plan to.”

“One more thing before I let you go. When you get back to the office, look in the top drawer of your desk. I left you a little present. When Aaron sees it, he will know exactly what is in store for him.”

“Thanks, Jason. How can I get in touch with you in the future?”

“You can’t. I will contact you from time to time. If it’s an emergency, just put an ad in the Washington Post stating that you’re looking for a paddle for your boat and I’ll be in touch.”

With those final words the line went dead. Rossi sat still for a moment, letting all that Gideon told him sink in. He smiled to himself at the thought of what was waiting for Hotch when they got home.

************************

The case had its ups and downs. But finally, the serial killer who turned out to be the female lover of the executed man was cornered. It did not end well; especially for Hotch, who was standing too close to one of the officers as he shot the woman. The sound of the gun exploding in his ears set off the worst pain he’d ever encountered. It was so painful he doubled up and placed his hands over his ears to somehow ease the rush. Rossi was by his side in a split second, placing his arm around the BAU head and staying with him until the pain subsided. Although Rossi saw tears welling up in Hotchner’s eyes, he also noticed the hard blinking to avoid spillage.

The pain finally eased enough for Hotchner to stand upright. Rossi kept his hand over Hotch’s shoulder until he felt the trembling in the agent’s body subside.

“Where’s your medication, Hotch?”

“In the glove compartment in the SUV.”

Rossi pushed Hotch down until he was sitting on the grass with his back against one of the police vehicles. He then rushed to the black vehicle, and grabbed the pills and a bottle of water before returning to the scene.

“Here, take one of these and I’ll drive you back to the hotel. Morgan can finish up here.”

“But…”

“No buts, Aaron. If you want to call it an order then do so, but you’re going back to the hotel to rest right now.”

“You can’t order me around. I’m the supervising agent here.”

“You may be, but I still have enough seniority on you which gives me the right to order you around from time to time. Now get your butt into the van.”

For a split second, Hotchner thought he heard a familiar tone to that order but shrug it off. He opened his mouth to argue again but something in Rossi’s eyes stopped him. Instead he walked over to the van and without another word, slipped into the passenger seat. He sat there in silence as Rossi slipped in behind the wheel. He kept up the silent treatment all the way to the hotel and up to the room.

“Give me the key to your room,” Rossi demanded.

Hotchner did as he was told this time, too groggy to put up any more arguments. Rossie helped him into the room, undressed him, and then put him to bed.

“I’m keeping the key so I can slip in later and check up on you. And oh yeah, Aaron, by the way, you’re driving back tomorrow, right?”

“Yeah, I guess I better. The plane ride may be too much for me.”

When Rossi left the room, Hotchner was already fast asleep.

Rossi checked up on his new responsibility several times during the night and finally at 7:00 am, he shook Hotchner awake.

“Hey Hotch, time to get up. The team is meeting at the scene one more time before we head off. After breakfast, we’ll join them there. Then I’ll catch a ride back to the plane with Morgan and you can take one of the SUV’s back to the city. Okay?”

Sitting up and rubbing his eyes at the same time, Hotch took a minute to wake up and familiarize himself with his surroundings. After taking a sip of the coffee Rossi had placed on the bureau for him, he looked up at the older agent standing by the bed and nodded in agreement.

They met the rest of the team around 8:30 am. After the team gave the team leader their final report, they began to pack up and head back to the airport. Hotchner took the keys from Rossi’s outstretched hand and headed over to the van.

“Hotch, take your time getting back. On the way, I want you to think about a couple of things. One, what are the consequences of lying. Two, what are the consequences of putting yourself in danger of loosing your hearing permanently. Also, when you get back to the city I want you to come directly to my place. Is that understood?”

“Your place? Why?”

“I asked you a question. Is that understood?”

“I understand what you said, but I don’t understand why.”

“Well I’ll give you a hint. Gideon contacted me and we had a long talk about you and him, and how I would be taking over that role.”

Rossi smiled as he saw Hotchner’s face go pale white then deep red as the full impact of Rossi’s last statement hit home.

“You mean…..you mean you’re going to take over being my Top?”

“Give that boy a cigar. Now get going and remember when you get to the city, it’s straight to my place for a little discussion.”

“What if I don’t want you to take over that role?”

“You have no choice in the matter. Gideon and I already spoke about it. Now get going.”

“I want to talk to Gideon. Give me his number.”

“I don’t have it. But don’t worry; I’m sure he’ll be in touch. Now get going and I’ll see you in a few days. Here’s a spare key to my place. If I’m not there, let yourself in and make yourself at home. Grab a bite or a shower; whatever you want. Give me a call to let me know you arrived and I’ll get home as quickly as I can.”

******************************

Hotch had just booked himself into a bed-and-breakfast located on the road home, when his cell phone rang. He recognized the voice immediately and tears welled up in his eyes.

“How’s my favorite super agent?”

“Oh Jason, I miss you so much. I need you so much.”

“I know you do, Aaron, but I’m no good for you now. I’m going through to much stuff myself. But I’m leaving you in the capable hands of David Rossi.”

“I know, he told me. I’m not sure I want him to…..”

Gideon cut him off. “Listen, baby; I can’t leave you in any more capable hands than Rossi. He’s very experienced in the Top role. He’ll be good for you and good to you. He cares deeply for you. You need someone, Aaron. You know that and I can’t be there for you anymore. Do you trust my judgment?”

“Always.”

“Enough said then. Now I told David what the rules are and he may come up with a few of his own. Don’t argue; just let yourself go and trust in him as you trusted in me. Okay?”

Hotchner was crying now and he didn’t care. He didn’t know exactly why he was crying. Maybe it was hearing Gideon’s voice again, or the fact that he was finally going to get a new Top. It was probably a combination of both. Whatever the reason, it didn’t matter. What mattered was that he was finally letting out some of the guilt and grief he felt over the loss of the agent he lost in the bombing.

Gideon stayed on the line with his Brat until he was sure he was calm enough to fall asleep. He reassured him once more about David Rossi, and then hung up. Soon after, Hotchner was fast asleep.

***************************

It took Hotch about four days to make it back into the city and as he was ordered to do, he went directly to Rossi’s home. After ringing the bell a couple of times and getting no reply, he let himself in. It was the first time he was in Rossi’s apartment. It was spacious but had a homey, comfortable feeling to it. One wall was lined with books; many Rossi wrote himself. Walking into the bedroom, Hotch opened up the closet to find a wide variety of suits, shoes and accessories. Nothing was overly flashy however. Although Rossi was a millionaire due to the success of his books, he didn’t throw it up in anyone’s faces. He kept it down to earth and simple.

Hotch walked into the huge master bath and noticed one of those closed-in showers that had shower heads positioned around the shower to give the user a perfect shower and massage. He also noticed a whirlpool tub that looked very appealing as well. Looking over at the shower once again, he decided that would be his choice. He stripped down and turned the water on, closing the door to allow the temperature to get to the proper setting. Next, he flipped open his cell phone and gave Rossi a call. It went straight to voice mail.

“Hi David, it’s Hotch. Just got into your place and decided to take you up on your offer of a shower. See you when you get in.”

The super jets felt absolutely glorious. Every part of his body was massaged and tingled with total relaxation. He’d have to ask Rossi for permission to use this wondrous device again.

He had just stepped out and began wiping himself off when the sound of the key suddenly made him shiver. He knew the goose bumps on his arms weren’t due to the temperature inside the bathroom, because the room was still extremely warm. No, he knew he was shivering with both anticipation and trepidation at what was about to take place between Rossi and himself.

“Aaron, are you still in the shower?”

Hotchner pulled the door open and answered back. “I’m just finishing up. Give me a moment to dress and I’ll be right out.”

“Don’t bother putting any pants on, because in a minute or so they’ll just be around your ankles. Make it easier on yourself and just wrap a towel around your waist and get out here.”

Hotchner hesitated for a moment as he ran the options he now faced. Should he do as he was told and give himself over to this man, or should he get dressed and quickly vacant the premises? He was still pondering his choices when the bathroom door swung open and Rossi stood in the doorway with a very familiar looking object in his right hand.

“Look what Gideon left for me in the desk drawer. It looks well used.”

Hotchner lowered his head; his eyes looking down at the floor as blood rushed into his face giving his cheeks a rosy glow.

“Okay, are you ready for this, Hotch, or do you want to leave? It’s up to you. But remember, if you decide to allow me to become your Top there’s no turning back. If you walk away, there will not hard feelings either. We’ll just go on as if this moment never happened.”

“I wasn’t sure at first. But seeing you with that paddle in your hand and remembering that although I hated getting spanked, the release made me feel so good afterwards. I know I need someone to look after me and after Jason, I can’t think of anyone else I’d rather have. I accept you, David, and all the rules you set up for me.”

“Very good. Gideon already told me the rules you had to abide by and they will be the same with me. Right now I can’t think of any new ones to add, but if I do you’ll be the first to know. Now, young man, follow me into the bedroom. When we get in there, I want you to remove your towel and place yourself over my lap. Understood?”

“Yes sir.”

Rossi turned on his heal and lead Hotchner into the bedroom. He took his place at the edge of the huge king-size bed. With eyes cast down Hotchner removed the towel, then did as ordered and placed himself over Rossi’s lap.

He held his breath awaiting the first blow, not knowing if Rossi would be gentle or rough, or how hard he would administer the punishment or long it would go on. He didn’t have to wait long. Rossi began by gently rubbing Hotchner’s bare backside. Then with a slow steady rhythm, he began slapping him with the wooden paddle; one cheek at a time with quick gentle spanks until Hotchner’s skin began to glow into a nice pink shade. Eventually the pace picked up as did the strength with which Rossi began to land the paddle on bare skin.

“Do you understand why you’re being punished, Aaron?”

“I think so.”

“You think so? Not good enough, Aaron.” Rossi landed four hard slaps on Hotchner’s buttocks, causing the agent to jump in pain.

“Oww, Dave…..owww……oh God, you really have mastered that thing.”

“Once more, Aaron. Why are you being punished?” The question was followed by four more powerful slaps.

“I lied to you, the team and the doctor about flying.”

“You certainly did, Aaron. Three lies, and for what purpose?”

“Oww…..Oww!” Hotchner’s voice began to quiver as the pain took over his resistance.

“I asked you a question?”

“I tried to proof to everyone that I was alright and capable of doing something I knew in my heart I couldn’t. I didn’t want to show weakness to the team. I’m so sorry.”

That confession, along with the burning sensation on his bare butt, finally broke down the wall of resistance Hotchner always wrapped around himself and he allowed the tears to flow. Once they started, he couldn’t control them. Deep sobs wracked his body as he cried with the pain of his ears, his butt and for the loss of his fallen comrade.

Rossi threw the paddle aside and rolled his colleague onto the bed. He followed seconds later and took Hotchner into his arms and rocked him lovingly as he gently rubbed his back.

“There you go, Hotch, let it all out. Atta boy, cry all you want. I’m right here and I’ll hold you until you know everything will be alright.”

Hotchner’s dark eyes looked into Rossi’s blue orbs and saw salvation. He snuggled up as close as he could, wrapping himself up in a cocoon of safety and love. It wasn’t long until he had cried himself to sleep.

************************************

He slept for over an hour, slowly awaking in the same position as he had fallen asleep, wrapped securely in Rossi’s arms.

“Hi there, feel better?” Rossi asked

“It’s like a 100lb gorilla has been lifted off me. I feel wonderful.”

“I’m so pleased.” Rossi smiled as he pushed Hotchner out of his arms to sit up against the head rest. He reached out a hand and brushed a dark strand of hair from his new Brat’s eyes. Taking a chance, he lowered his head and placed a slow, gentle kiss on Hotchner’s lips.

At first Hotchner did not respond, but suddenly Rossi felt the pressure on his own lips as Hotch hesitantly returned the kiss. Once again embarrassed, Hotch pulled away.

“I’m sorry, Hotch. I shouldn’t have assumed that our relationship would be more than what you had with Jason.”

“Don’t be sorry, Dave. I really enjoyed the kiss. It’s just that I….I’ve never been with a man before.”

“Have you wanted to?”

“Oh yes, and I know Jason wanted to be my lover but he respected my values enough to know while I was married, I would never consider cheating on Haley with either gender.”

“But you’re not married anymore now, are you?”

Hotch allowed a small smile at the corner of his mouth as he whispered, “No, I’m not.”

“But…..”

“Could we take this real slow, Dave? I would like to get used to you as my Top before I take you as my lover. Please don’t be upset.”

“Oh Hotch, I’m not upset. I understand completely. Let’s agree to take this one step at the time. But remember, I’m an impatient man and I won’t wait forever.”

“I don’t expect you to. Just give me a little time and I promise the wait will be worth it.”

Rossi let out a loud chuckle as he pulled Hotch back into his arms. “Let’s get some more sleep. I’m sure when we get back to the office JJ will have another case for us.”

“Oh I know we can count on that.”

“Another thing, Hotch, before you fall asleep; I just want to inform you that we have an appointment with your doctor tomorrow morning at 11:00am. So if there is a new case, you will not be going anywhere until the doctor and I say you can, right?”

“Yes sir. And Dave, one more thing before I close my eyes…”

“What?” Rossie asked.

“Thank you,” Hotchner replied and then closed his eyes.

“You’re welcome,” Rossi whispered into Hotchner’s ear. As he fell into a peaceful sleep, one thought kept running through his mind; it was going to be great being Hotchner’s new Top.

The End……for now!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the great story. I love this show and always wanted to read fanfic for it. :)
    Keep up the great work!
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Can't wait to read more, I love this show and the possible pairings are endless.

    ReplyDelete